Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weight Loss Versus Free Food

Thanks for the recent kind words! They mean a lot to me!

I'm feeling better about money, but mostly trying not to think about it too much. My current problem is that I'm about 14 pounds above my healthy BMI, and I'd like to get it down. Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't really care, but my doctor does, so I have to. She's worried that if I'm at this weight now, it might continue to creep up on me, and start to pose a health risk. One of the ways I tend to keep food costs down is by taking advantage of free food, which there is an abundance of at work. I would say that at least every other day I am presented with a slew of unhealthy options such as "continental breakfast" (pastries) or "refreshments" (cookies) or a "reception" (cheese and crackers).

Some days I refrain from the goodies, but other days I give in to temptation. Usually I remind my self that it's not my eating that needs to change necessarily, but rather my lack of exercise. So I eat, but then don't exercise it off. Arg, why do I lack any semblance of self control?

No comments: