Tuesday, July 3, 2007

More Money

After paying all my bills, I had about $14 in my checking account until payday this Friday. So I was delighted when I got a call to babysit! Not only did I have a great time playing at the park with a five year old, but I got paid $65 to do it!

After the parents came back, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few necessities, and I found an unclaimed CoinStar ticket for $18.06. So I picked up about $29.50 worth of stuff, saved $7 in sale prices and coupons, $18 with the CoinStar slip, and paid only $4.50. Hurray for food.

I'm planning on seeing a movie with friends tomorrow, but I'll be sneaking in snacks and trying not to spend any other money. Then it should be smooth sailing through the rest of the week. I got an invitation to leave town for the weekend, but I think I might cancel, so that I don't spend more cash. So sad.

No comments: