Thursday, December 13, 2007

I heart my friends.

A few friends and I gathered (from the various ends of the earth) in NYC for the weekend. It was exactly what I needed (minus the extraordinary hangover). I had good laughs, good food, good culture, and (one too many) good drinks.

At some point during the haze of the weekend, one of my friends looked at me and said, "You look really sucessful." I love those moments, when I'm in my $7 clearance H&M dress and my $50 clearance coat and I feel desperately in need of a haircut I can't afford, and someone says something that makes me feel like I have the whole world fooled.

I told her that I am sucessful, but only in the sense that I'm living super cheap and throwing over 50% of my income at my debt and I can finally breathe when I bust out my check book.

Then I took my $15 Greyhound bus back to my chilly apartment and made myself some ramen.

No comments: