Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The New Budgeting System

As I mentioned, I'll be picking up at least 8 hours at the second job every week for the next couple of months, and I'd really like to use that money and Only that money for all my variable expenses. It should work out to around $100 a week, which I think might be a little high for the usuals. However, I want this money to also be used for some of the bigger expenses I have such as day trips, haircuts and clothing purchases.

I took out $100 from the checking account on Monday to see how it would work out. This week has been easy so far, since the kitchen is still stocked from last week, but I do have a lunch meeting tomorrow, plans for drinks tomorrow night, and dinner with co-workers Friday night. I hope I can stick with my budget and cut down on this expensive eating out!

No comments: