Friday, October 5, 2007

Beauty: it ain't for me

Krystal over at Give Me Back My Five Bucks just got laid off. Yet she's still leaving encouraging comments on my (and I'm sure other) blog(s). She's amazing. She posted her make-up breakdown, and others are following suit, so so will I.

Here's the thing: I don't know the first thing about beauty products.

The only product I can whole-heartedly endorse is Smoooch by Benefit. My lips get dry really easy, and I love this stuff. But I hear they might have questionable ethics, so beware.

I buy St. Ives Apricot Scrub: $3.49. Before that I used Biore which cost a bit more.

I've got a tube of Great Lash mascara (about $5), a starter kit from Bare Escentuals powders that will last me years (but $60), random $1 brown eyeliner, and a tube of Maybelline tint lipcolor (also $5).

I used to work at a drugstore, and bought lots of sale make-up, but never wore any of it, so I just gave up. Someone got me a sephora gift card about a year ago, which covered the Bare Essentials and some multipurpose "MD Skincare" moisturizer/spf serum that I'm sure has gone bad by now.

Basically, my skin is a mess, which may be contributing to my current "single" status. Luckily, I have an ace up my sleeve, in the form of a friend who works at the Aveda make-up counter, and turns me into a beauty whenever I'm in a panic!

No comments: