Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Itch to Shop

Well, I didn't win the Wii. So sad.

My bank account is pretty low right now, since I paid off that credit card last week. For the first few days, it made me nervous, but now, suddenly, I have an urge to spend. I've been checking out airline prices (why not go visit that friend in Hawaii...), looking on eBay for Cherner armchairs (they'd look so much better than these IKEA chairs, and I'd save $600...), and, of course, the cashmere sweaters from J. Crew are calling to me. I haven't purchased any unnecesary items since the middle of September, and I think I'm feeling shopper's withdrawl!

I think I might go pick out a sweater that I'll buy (if I still want it) next payday, just to fend off the craving, or maybe some Pinkberry. One just opened down the street and it's been calling to me also. Or should I just go cold turkey?

1 comment:

SheGazelle said...

Sometimes just browsing a store does the trick for me. I pick a store that has neat stuff, but nothing I'd actually buy.
A friend of mine fends the urge off another way- she will go to Target, fill up her cart with things she likes and then leave! I think that would make me feel much worse...