Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I took a long, hard look at my monthly spending today. It's not good. Here's a break down of my variable expenses (sorry if the categories are weird or vague, they work for me):

Cable/phone/internet: 116
Cell phone: 50
Social (aka drinking): 112
Groceries: 85
Eating out: 28
Shopping: 137
Misc: 45
Gifts: 350

So, I think I've determined that I'm too nice to people. And that I'm too nice to my employer.

Half of that is for two birthdays. I mentioned one, and the gift for him wasn't crazy, but then he got Baseball tickets from someone else and took me to the game, so I felt obligated to buy all the snacks and drinks at the game, and then pay for eating out after (which I included here).

I also included the meals I purchased for volunteers at work that are friends of mine that I recruited to help. I work at a non-profit, and I was doing a nice thing for the job, but my friends just got a meal out of it and I just got a bill. I won't be doing that again. Ouch.

I know that October won't be much better. My best friend's birthday is at the end of the month, and I agreed to co-host a Halloween party at my friend's apartment.

I'm also putting myself on a "One Miller High Life Per Night" socializing budget. I'm not an alcoholic! I swear!

No comments: