Sunday, April 27, 2008

Do you count calories (or pennies) when you're sick?

I have a cold.

A bad one. I haven't been sick in so long, and it's ruined my whole weekend.

I was talking with a skinny friend about my recovery methods- soup, candy, smoothies, and orange juice, and she was taken aback by the calorie content! Who counts calories when you're sick? It's never even occurred to me. Then again, I don't count calories when I'm well, so...

But it got me thinking, and I realized that my thrifty-ness goes out the window when I'm sick, too. I buy the fluffiest tissues and get my juice at the convenient store on the corner instead of the supermarket where it is much, much cheaper. When I had my cable box, I would splurge on a pay-per-view movie or two.

So, dear readers, do you count calories and pennies when you're sick? Or are you a princess like me?

3 comments:

Bouncing Back said...

When you are sick, you HAVE to be the princess. There is nothing worse than being sick, having a runny nose, and having to use fine grit sandpaper tissues to blow your nose...

When I lived in an area with home delivery, I'd get the good local chinese place to deliver me two quarts of wonton soup and plain white rice. I did not have to cook, I had my chicken soup and I was able to concentrate on getting better.

Hope you feel better.

asgreen said...

When I'm sick I'll pay whatever just to feel better.

Anonymous said...

I am always counting calories AND pennies. But, when I am sick, which thank God is rare....money is no object. There are things that always bring me back to the days of "young".....the comforts my mother surrounded me with. So no matter what the cost....that is the one time that I am no longer the princess.....but the queen:)